Re: Performance mods - biggest bang for the bolt on buck

Now days most hot cams lift the valve well beyond the point of max flow.
They do this to reduce acceleration and jerk (first derivative of
acceleration).  They have to get the valve open fast but continue to lift
at a lower rate to slow the valve before it starts to close.  I believe
the general switch to 45 deg valve seats is also related as the poorer
low lift flow will allow early opening and later closing so the valve can
be moved  slower.

Chris Hall