re: Spider Vent Window Latch

John,
	One day a few years back, I found my drivers side vent window latch
laying on the floor.  At first I thought that someone had broken into
the car but it turned out that the glue just gave up.

	I've been using rear mirror adhesive (Loctite makes it, if I remember
correctly) to put it back on since I was never able to find it from
Alfa.  You need to first position the the latch on the window so that it
works correctly and doesn't get in the way.  Then draw a circle on the
window so you know where the latch should be attached and two index
marks (both the window and latch) to know how to orient the latch within
the circle.  Then trial clamp a ViseGrip (MoleGrip) to hold the latch
securely to the window but without excess force.  I use some cloth on
the latch and a bit of wood on the window to prevent any marks.

	Then follow the directions on the adhesive package to glue it on.  I
think that it will last about 2 years or so before it pops off again.

	Bruce

	'86 Spider
	'73 GTV