Re: 164 stereo ideas??? (1991-1992 only)

> Speaking of 1-1/2 DIN stereos, I can't seem to find too many out there.
>  And the ones I do find don't have too many high-end options (MP3
> playback in particular).

I don't have MP3 playback but for a great clear High-end sound I have had good luck with my Alpine
CDA - D857 in my 164. Fits perfect like factory is a great 1.5 DIN alternative to the kenwood and
jensens. Has a 4 volt pre-out and a 45Wx4 Amplifier built in. I run my factory Alfa speakers and
they sound amazing with this head. Its got a cool visual display that switches color modes and eq
display. Anyways, I like it. Here's the specs on it from Alpine.

http://ecominet2.alpine-usa.com:7777/pls/admn/item_info1a?p_item_name=CDA-D857&p_category=10&p_subcategory=20&p_main=10

I got a source way cheaper for the unit hit me off digest and I'll give it to you.

> Is stereo installation easy in 164's?  How about speaker replacement.

Took about an hour. Make sure you have your Alfa wiring diagrams and red doesn't connect to red.
(you won't have memory retention)

> Lastly, anyone with pictures of their stereo-in-dash setup, it would
> great if you could e-mail me them so I can see what you've done!

I'll get some pics of my setup and let you see.

=====
Systems Engineer
Emerging Business Solutions, Inc.
102 Underwood Ln.