Oil Pan Stud

I have a 74 GTV 2l, I put a late model Spider front cover on my motor
because I wanted to use the electronic crank sensor pickup for when I
set up my engine to run and Electromotive system.  When I installed the
Oil pan I noticed that the long bolt that goes thru the front cover
(near the Spica Pump on the earlier cars or the Air Conditioning on the
later Cars) and into the oil pan will not work because there is a
casting obstruction just above the hole.  This led me to believe that on
the cars with this type of front cover ( motronic injected) there was a
stud installed in the oil pan only requiring a nut on the top side.  If
this is true I need to find a M7 x 1.00 Stud that is 80 MM long.  This
is a very difficult size to find thru screw suppliers and Jon Norman
can't get me one.  Does anyone have any insite as to how this is handled
on a Motronic Spider?

Glenn