Underfloor Pedal Box

Sadly, I'm still having problems with my 1969 Dual Circuit  brakes on my
Berlina. Before I do something drastic I'll run a few thoughts past the
mechanical minds of the digest.

Symptoms: Drive for 10 minutes using brakes and the pedal keeps getting higher
and harder till the fronts lock. I can then go release the pressure at one of
the front calipers (bleed screw) and its good for another 10 minutes.

What I've Done: Replaced the seals in the MC - should have replaced the
springs and pistons as well
                        Replaced the front brake hoses
                        Bypassed the brake boosters
                        Adjusted the pedal free play

The last one is a bit confusing since there doesn't seem to be any free play
in the system. Its a solid link between the pedal and the actuator rod. If I
make the rod longer the pedal is higher and if I make it shorter the pedal is
lower. I see from the parts manual that there's a spring inside the pedal box,
is it possible that this spring is not providing enough return force to get
the pedal to come back all the way? Or maybe the pivot rod at the base of the
pedals is binding or theres something else blocking the pedal return action?

How do I get into the pedal box to check out these ideas or am I totally
missing the boat?

Mitch Wolberg,
Denver, CO
69 Berlina - not very free at all
69 Spider Jr. - blessed with a wonderful single circuit brake system