Alfetta crossover pipe

Does the lower coolant crossover pipe from the water pump to driver's
side lower radiator need to be mounted to the motor or chassis with a
bolt through the bracket?  I believe it is supposed to bolt to the air
pump bracket but I deep sixed the bracket as I did not have an air pump.
How critical is it to have the crossover pipe bolted down?  There does
not seem to be that much movement & I don't see how it could really
interfere with anything, just curious.  Hopefully the Alfetta will be
started tomorrow night!

-Zach
Redmond, WA