Re: HP and mileage

    R&T lists 115 HP SAE net for the 1750 Berlina in May 72, and 129 BHP net
for the 2000 GTV tested in August of the same year - both Spica cars.
Autocar listed 131 net for the twin carb 2000 Berlina tested March 73 in the
UK.  As others have pointed out, the 150 HP seems rather mythical, vs net.
    As far as mileage goes, my experience gives the nod to models with
Webers from early Duettos to 2000 models.  Several different cars I've owned
delivered 28 - 33 MPG on the highway at a steady 70 - 75 MPH.  None of the
Spica cars I've owned have approached that.  Of course state of tune and
condition of the dreaded Spica pump will vary these figures - YMMV, as they
say!  I've heard reports from others of good mileage with Spica setups WHEN
THEY ARE IN GOOD CONDITION AND ADJUSTED PROPERLY!  Keeping them that way is
the problem with fewer people all the time who have the tools and experience
with these.
    BMW 2002 owners have the same problems with the mechanical injection on
tii's.  Many of both breeds switch to Webers for their simplicity,
tuneability for modified engines, and engine bay "cleanliness."  A properly
operating injection system has better overall driveability - esp in the
cold - but keeping it that way is the problem, not to mention the
possibility of being stranded out on the road with no experts nearby who
have the particular parts and experience.  So give me Webers, but to each
his own!  Cheers, Ron.