bulbs for 3rd brake light 90+ spider

In a message dated 02/11/2002 7:57:37 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> The tail light may or may not come with the gasket that fits under the tail
> lamp housing. It may or may not come with the bulbs, if I remember
> correctly
> it takes 4 bulbs.

Hope that the part comes with the lamps!

Several years ago there was a then-Digester from Scotland who was having
trouble finding replacement lamps for his 91 USA=spec car (don't recall how
he came to have this car in Scotland, but he did).  He put out a call for
help and I answered as by coincidence I was going to Scotland the following
week.  A set of these babies cost $60 (I think 4 tiny grain-of-wheat style
lamps), but tucked nicely into the luggage.  In return, we were treated to a
great dinner at a place called Faraday's in Aberdeen, which was inside a
converted antique electric generating station.

If they made a margin on the whole car the same as they made on the lamps
alone the car would probably sell for about US $2 million.

PS: Try anything you can to remain safe, but twice in ONE LOUSY MONTH with
her foot on the brake my BW was rear-ended in her 91 Spider, so don't count
on that third lamp to be very much of a help except in the most abstract,
statistical way.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA