got gas?

In a message dated 02/10/2002 2:38:44 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> while I have no objections to
> driving thoroughly developed electric or hydrogen-powered cars in the
> future, I'd like to be able to share the joy of gasoline-powered
> sports cars with my grandchildren.  "

I don't think the joy is in the nature of the fuel, even though there is a
kind of satisfaction in knowing a little about how it is turned into go; the
joy is in the driving, and if yo had a terrific-driving car I don't think
you'd care (or perhaps notice) if it was fueled by gasoline, hydrogen,
alcohol, flux converters, gerbils-in-cage, or my favorite, the
perpetual-motion machine.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA