Cam timing

Hi,
I have spent the morning removing the head from my 87 spider 2000 for a head
gasket replacement, and before disconnecting the cam chain I checked the cam
timing marks and found with the crank pulley on the P mark, the cam marks
were at about 10 o'clock instead of 12 o'clock.
After removing the head I realized that the P mark was not TDC and neither
was the F,M, or I.
All these marks lined up when number 1 piston was between half and
three-quarters the way down.
Should there be another mark on the pulley or am I missing something here?
I have marked the cams so that I can install them as they were.
This is a low mileage motor,with an erratic miss at idle, that apart from
the cam cover does not appear to have been apart before.

Regards, Terry
Dunedin NZ