Re: 69 GTV brake reservoir needed

Scott and John,
Yes these are tough to get. I don't know where to get
one and would like to have a new one also. That said,
Scott does have some good suggestions. Definitely try
alfa stop and the other English suppliers. I understand
one of them (Highwood?)undertook to commission a
replacement for the dual circuit master cylinder on
these cars.

Scott, the U.S. 69 brake system is more or less unique.
It is a dual circuit, dual servo, system with the floor
mounted pedals and remote m/c. The reservoir is
rectangular, similar, but not the same as the one for
the bulkhead mounted booster/master cylinder. There are
two wells and two outlets that feed the two chambers of
the master cylinder.

The p.o. of my '69 spider replaced the m/c with an
earlier single circuit unit (probably like the one on
your Junior) and removed one of the two servos. The car
seems to brake okay, but I would like to restore the
old system. I have all the parts except the m/c. I was
going to attack it this spring/summer, but I have just
moved from Michigan to Kentucky to start a new job, so
things will probably have to wait for awhile.

Regards,
Bob Abhalter