grouching, whining and begging

I'm back!  Not that anyone necessarily noticed I was gone, but thanks to a
glitch with MSN my e-mail started rejecting many messages (interestingly
enough,  NOT the ones offering me instant riches or guaranteeing to enhance my
anatomy), so Richard had to kick me off the digest to stop the returned
messages.  So I missed the digest, for 10 or 12 issues -- reinforcing the
truth that an addictive personality doesn't care WHAT it is addicted to...

Following MSN's instructions to the letter did finally repair the problem, but
in the process I lost all my locally cached mail -- despite their assurances
that I would not.  As a result, there are a couple of people who I'd been in
touch with off-digest about GTV aircon stuff.  Sorry guys, I don't have your
names because 1) I have CRS disease and 2) I never thought I'd lose your
e-mail addresses, so if you read this and are still interested in the
discussion shoot me a note.

Also, I posted a request while I did not know I was unsubscribed, I'd like to
run that one up the pole again.  Do any Portland, OR area Alfisti have a valve
spring compressor they would be willing to lend?  This would save me from
troubling my dad to ship his to me.  I would be glad to return the favor for
any tool I have that you might not need frequently enough to buy yourself
(like that Fiat valve shim tool in my box that hasn't seen the light since the
X1/9 moved on to a new home 13 years ago, or the special socket for removing
automatic 4WD hubs from Ford Rangers and Bronco II's...)

It's good to be home!

Tony Sims
Portland, OR
74 GTV (in many pieces)