164 handbrake & grappa

Hi!
     anyone had this problem with a 164 handbrake?
     over the last few weeks it went from doing the
     normal marginal amount of braking to absolutely nothing!
     i adjusted the cable slack nut at the handlever,
     lubricated the cable, checked out the calipers,
     now it feels like it oughta be doing something, but does
     nothing!

     a few years ago me & wife were in Venice for a week
     & stopped in a pleasant trattoria for a very tasty lunch,
     somewhere between the arsenale & rialto.  after ordering the
     usual liter of water & half liter of vina rosso della casa,
     or maybe the other way around, we noticed the page of
     grappas & ordered some glasses to taste, we'd read about
     grappa before the trip but had forgotten about it being
     rather strong!  they were quite good and had quite a variety
     of flavours, but it was very hard to stay awake later at the
     teatro Goldoni.  until the intermission espressos, where
     we first noticed that most Italians drink them, in one sip,
     bottoms up, right out of the pump!

     grappas i've bought here usually show what grape(s) they are
     derived from, & like other boozes also vary considerably from
     ageing, simetimes in wood.

jak  164L, 164Q, spider