Alarm on 164L

I just bought a 1991 Alfa 164L and it has a bad habit. Every once in a
while when you exit the car, the alarm will set without any command. It
does this with the door still open, and when you shut the door the alarm is
set but the doors are not locked. I have heard that these alarms are flaky
anyway and you can shut them off with a special key. I don't have that key!
Is there another way to disable this alarm?

Jim