More on Arese museum

In a message dated 02/03/2002 6:31:27 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> No air conditioned and also the warming system is a
> '60s warning system, I suggest you to visit it in May
> or in September.

From personal experience, if you go on a rainy day, bring an umbrella because
the roof, like a spider's, leaks very badly and there will be buckets and
garbage can all around catching the water coming in, plus a few slippery
spots on the floor.  This is not an ancient building, it is a modern 70s-era
building but the roof leaves something to be desired.  The display is
terrific, though, and the people are great, and you can even see the stove
and the snakeskin Alfa so what's to complain?!

Another though about a place to stay if you don't have a car and if you're
not interested in Milano is someplace on the south end of Lake Como, which is
very beautiful and has great food... and is really not much farther away than
Milano itself from Arese.  The city of Como is not that beautiful but it has
everything (food, places to stay) and is the heart of the silk industry, if
you or your companion is into that.  A few clicks further north is the Villa
d'Este which is a great place to stay if you are on someone else's money, and
5 minutes further on from there (Cernobbio) is the beautiful village of
Moltrasio and Ralph Morehouse and I can attest the Hotel Restaurant Posta,
directly across the street from the ferry dock, is a comfortable and modest
old-fashioned place a little more like Switzerland than Italy.  It is chilly
there in September but the people are warm.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA