Re: TDC

--- Rosso75@domain.elided wrote:
> <<  One simple, sure fire way that uses no tools:
> pull the #1 plug and have
> an assistant crank the car....
>
> Pull a spark plug with no tools?  I bet that's a
> neat trick.

Safety Tip: you do NOT want to play "Got Your Nosey"
with me.  I play for keeps.

As a matter of fact, I *did* use to adjust the SU
carbs on my pre-Alfa vehicles without using a wrench
to turn the mixture adjusting nuts, but that's
different.

The missing word "special" from just before "tools"
refers to the Right And Proper Way to tell TDC, which
would be with a dial gauge that mounts in the spark
plug hole and can detect, to a fine degree of
accuracy, the actual position of TDC.  Barring that,
you can simply rip chunks of flesh off your assistant
with your bare fingers and leave them lying on the
spark plug hole.  When they poot out with sufficient
force to stick to the garage ceiling, you've found the
compression stroke.

Next session: checking for spark by leaning against
the fender while grasping the coil wire firmly (also
known as "Shaking Hands With Jesus").

--Scott "Been reading too much Jhonen Vasquez again"
Fisher
  Tualatin, Oregon
http://auctions.yahoo.com