Museo Storico visit

In a message dated 02/02/2002 12:17:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Has anyone been to the museum in Arese as of late?  We will be travelling by
> train from Venice to that area in early September for a museum visit.
> However, not having a rental car and not wanting to get deep into the
> madness of Milan, I am looking for some suggestions for a quick simple
> overnighter in that very industrial area...perhaps Cremona or even Arese
> itself?

Cremona is pretty far on the OTHER side of Milano from Arese (but a great
town and worth a visit especially if you're into stringed instruments or
agriculture).  My guess is that the train from Cremona to Area would be at
least a 3 hour trip with a change in Brescia (also worth a visit) and a
change in Milano.

You might be able to find bus service out from Milano to Arese; if the
traffic isn't bad and the fog isn't out, it that should be about a 45 minute
trip based on my experience.  Other than the factory there isn't much in
Arese that I know of, but I have heard there is a decent if modest restaurant
nearby.

How do you say "boondocks" in Italian?

Charlie
LA, CA, USA