was: Re: Cigarrette Seals - little AR content

Yo, Jerry -

Is it possible that Loctite is now a brand name, and can be the mfg of
many different automotive adhesives and chemicals?  RTV silicone
compound, of some sort, may carry a Loctite name.  No?

That said, and if it is indeed  the case, we would need the proper
Loctite mfg number, or product name, so we don't go putting Stud and
Bearing Mount inside the engine, where it may resist ALL efforts to
remove it, when needed.

Loctite, as a thread locking chemical, used to come in a couple of
flavors (blue and red, if memory serves correctly).  Last time I was in
looking for the stuff, I remember, vaguely, that there were a number of
tubes of stuff with the Loctite name.  Check carefully, guys.  Things
change with time, and corportate take-overs.

Jay Negrin
ARO So Cal