Subject: Distilled water once more by Di Matteo (NAC)

> Grappa, a distilled Italian beverage made from left
>over grape stems, skins and seeds after all juice is squeezed out, made
>to ferment then distilled for a powerful  after dinner drink.

I understand the seeds ferment into wood alchohol, which causes upset
stomachs and headaches? From what I can gather, the better grappa
distillers take the seeds out. Stems, I don't know, and it's all hearsay on
my part. Also, an old Italian gent gave me the following advice: the
cheaper the bottle, the better the grappa. Seems some of the "boutique"
brands spend so much money on fancy bottles that there's no money left to
put anything decent inside. True? I dunno... Also,  I understand a shot of
grappa in one's coffee is common morning beverage? I tell ya, those
Italians know how to live....