Re: pictures of 1970 GT Veloce front seats

Message text written by INTERNET:alfa@domain.elided

Hello digesti,

I am re-upholstering my front seats on my 1970 GT Veloce (series II,
hanging pedals, dual circuit brakes etc).

The current fabric and pattern are not correct and I would like to
obtain some pictures on what would be correct for the car.  In
particular, the fabric/pattern for the seating position.

I can't find anything in the few books I have.
John Tiplers book, "Alfa Romeo Giulia Coupe GT & GTA", page 32 shows
a small section of the front seats but not enough to know what the
pattern should be.
Also, the picture is for a series I car and I am not sure if it the
same

If anyone could send me any pictures (on-line to my email address,
not the digest) I would be most appreciative.

Thanks

Derek Lund
<<

As it's my car in the photograph, and I took the photograph, I feel that
maybe I should be the one to answer this!

My 1750GTV is a 1969 "mark 1" and therefore has the early type of seats.
The "mark 2" cars had hanging pedals if they were left hand drive and the
later type of seats.  These seats were considerably different to the mark 1
but they used the same vinyl, and both the plain vinyl and the
"basket-weave" (which is used on the back and sides of the mark 2 seats)
are available again and I have it in stock, in black at any rate.  Complete
seat cover kits are also available.

I'll have a look and see if I have any mark 2 seats here that I can
photograph and e-mail to you.

Chris Sweetapple
Highwood Motor Company
Swansea, U.K.