Re: pictures of 1970 GT Veloce front seats

Having owned several GTV 1750s with the original interiors intact, as well as some original factory and sales literature, I can say with some certainty that the original vinyl upholstery had a very distinct pattern. The seating surfaces themselves, i.e.; the areas that would contact the body, were in a vinyl replicating pigskin, with very fine random perforations. The non-seating areas, i.e.; the front seat sides and back, and sides and center of the rear seat, were in a vinyl that resembled basket weave, but of course heat-pressed, not actually woven. Seams between the two different materials had very fine piping. Door panels were finished with vinyl matching the pigskin pattern used on the seating areas.

From my experience and research, all 1969 through 1971 GTVs fitted with vinyl interiors followed this pattern, with the greatest number having brown vinyl. I have yet to see a verifiable original example of a different pattern of vinyl factory fitted for these years.

Unfortunately, I have no pictures, but if you contact me off-digest I can provide contact to an owner of a pristine original example from that year that may be able to take pictures for you.

Also, you should contact Matt at Re-Originals. He has the correct 1970 GTV materials for sale from the original manufacturers, including the unique original gray carpet and piping, original headliner material and correct door panels in the correct matching vinyl. Cheers,
Paul