Re: 164S Passes CA Smog Test

Here's a quick and dirty way to confirm a power
increase.

Run 50-70 mph full throttle acceleration runs in top
gear (or 4th), on a flat stretch of road.  Record the
time it takes, repeat 5-10 times, and average the
times.

Swap parts.  Repeat.

If you control the variables (same stretch of road,
same ambient temp, etc) you will get an idea if the
mod really worked, or was just marketing hype.
Replacing the plugged cat on my old Verde resulted in
a measurable performance increase using this method,
and confirmed the seat-of-the pants feeling that the
car was quicker.

Glad to hear your 164 is back on the road Rich!

Cheers,
Ian Lomax
SF, CA

http://auctions.yahoo.com