Re: alfa-digest V8 #420

In a message dated 01/29/2002 10:03:23 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Now you're talking - With ~5,000 members ARA might even be able to lower the
> dues back to $25 :-) We could make our printer happier and he just might
> lower the cost now that he has to print 6 times as many newsletters :-)

Alas, the cost of the printing is not going to change much; most print runs
are 5K minimum.  Double alas and alack, the biggie -- which is going up again
-- is the postage, and as long as you qualify for standard (bulk mail) rates
(I think that's still just 250 pieces at a time) the rates are onesies, so
the more you mail, the more it costs and there is no quantity discount.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA