RE: speedometer error

Why don't you just spend $20 on a sending unit from APE (I'll wager
$5 that that's your problem, if you like), and 20min under the car
installing it, and have a working speedo?  If not, it's worth noting
that 3300RPM in fifth, in the lowest-geared version of the GTV6 is
72MPH.  But that doesn't mean that your tach is accurate. ;)