to due or not to due

Let's really beat this thing, as long as we got the whips out......

I will not say whether AROC-US dues, past, present or future, are "worth
it" or not.  That is an individual decision, and everyone makes it for
themselves.  I will also not go into, "What have they done for me,
lately."  Way too deep to get out safely.

What I will say is that most people's ties to the organization are the
newsletter.  We, in Southern California are about 350 strong.  Most
members never who up to meeting, events, or contact board members in any
way, unless there is a problem with the newsletter.  It is obvious that
most members look at that as being what a club member is all about.
Just to offer more (and whether it is really there or not is not the
point.) will not make these people happy.  All they see is the price of
their newsletter going up.

I wish I had the answer, as to how to demonstrate that being a member is
SO MUCH more than simply getting a newsletter once a month, or so.  It
is.  I am glad I am a member, of ARA and AROC, through the So Cal
chapter, AROSC.  I never thought of myself as one who roots for the home
team, but I think I will here.

Something to discuss in the forseeable future?  Oh, you betcha.

Later folks,

Jay Negrin
ARO So Cal
76 Alfetta GT -