Re: to due or not to due

Like Jay, I am also a member of both ARA and AROSC (and thereby
AROC)--his comment, if accurate, leads to an expansion of prior ideas.
Have some members (at less expense) read the mag on the net--others pay
more and get the hard copy--yet others (perhaps dubbed "the active")
would pay by event for AROC sponsored meets--track, concours, or
whatever.

Maybe something along those lines might work.

--- Jay Negrin <jmnegrin@domain.elided> wrote:
> Let's really beat this thing, as long as we got the whips out......
>
> I will not say whether AROC-US dues, past, present or future, are
> "worth
> it" or not.  That is an individual decision, and everyone makes it
> for
> themselves.  I will also not go into, "What have they done for me,
> lately."  Way too deep to get out safely.
>
> What I will say is that most people's ties to the organization are
> the
> newsletter.  We, in Southern California are about 350 strong.  Most
> members never who up to meeting, events, or contact board members in
> any
> way, unless there is a problem with the newsletter.  It is obvious
> that
> most members look at that as being what a club member is all about.
> Just to offer more (and whether it is really there or not is not the
> point.) will not make these people happy.  All they see is the price
> of
> their newsletter going up.
>
> I wish I had the answer, as to how to demonstrate that being a member
> is
> SO MUCH more than simply getting a newsletter once a month, or so.
> It
> is.  I am glad I am a member, of ARA and AROC, through the So Cal
> chapter, AROSC.  I never thought of myself as one who roots for the
> home
> team, but I think I will here.
>
> Something to discuss in the forseeable future?  Oh, you betcha.
>
> Later folks,
>
> Jay Negrin
> ARO So Cal
> 76 Alfetta GT -