Milano Starter

       Sorry you got lost in the fray over dues.  Good stuff goes south while
politics take over!

       So did you clean all the battery cables?  Both ends of both?  How old
is your battery?  If it is more than three years old, it might have died.
Even if it is newer, I would suspect it as the cause of a dragging starter.
       I just looked at my Milano and I seem to recall taking the starter out
ahead of the exhaust manifold, but it looks like a pain.  I might have had to
loosen the motor mount and raise the engine a bit to get it out.  It might be
easier to remove the exhaust manifold after all.
       The connection from the manifold is not all that bad.  I know that it
is easier to get the head pipes in and out with the manifold out of the way.
       Make sure you remove a battery cable before you start.  I definitely
remember sparks between the starter shield and the hot end of the positive
cable at the battery.  Problem was, I had both hands down in there and could
not reach over and undo the battery while holding the shield off the starter.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City