V-6 engine swaps

       V-6 driveline in an Alfetta sedan (berlina) or GT is a virtual bolt
in. The chassis is nearly identical.  Use the V-6 engine, driveshaft,
transaxle, DeDion, front suspension, maybe even the seats.
       V-6 in a spider or 105 GTV is tough.  It has been done, but the oil
pan is the wrong shape.  Cutting out the front crossmember to fit the engine
is the wrong way to go.  And you need some sort of transmission to bolt to
the engine.  The Alfa 6 transmission has been used for this, but is rare and
was never imported to the US.
       There is a company offering a V-6 swap kit.  I know nothing about them
or their product.  I did read enough to figure out they are using a Maserati
Bi-Turbo transmission.  Their web page is: http://www.g-site.com/alfaxtc/

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City