RE: Alfa club dues

> It is inappropriate forum because many digest members have no interest in
> AROC matters and it is therefore rude to bother them with an organizations
> internal politics. Try writing a letter to the editor. By the way, please
> tell me who is forcing you to be a member of AROC, I talk to them and make
> them stop.

I (respectfully) disagree.

At least the topic concerns Alfas.  Many digesters don't care about a lot of
the topics that pass by on this digest (recent example - who won the war of
1812?).  Spider owners may not care about 164 discussions, and vice versa,
but at least those topics concern Alfas.  As does this one.

As long as the discussion doesn't turn into a flame war, it could be
productive for both AROC members and AROC board members.  This digest makes
a much more efficient forum than a letter to the editor.

I know that there is at least one hard working board member who is very
interested in improving what the club has to offer.  Quite frankly, I'm
encouraged that at least one has already responded to this thread - in the
past, I've seen discussions like this one cause the BOD to go into full
defensive mode, sending off-line messages back and forth to each other
regarding how to quell the latest uprising.

So, if this discussion can generate some useful ideas for how to make the
club better (ideas that probably apply to other Alfa clubs, not just AROC
USA), and if the BOD is sincerely interested in making improvements, then do
we really want to shut down the discussion?

I don't.

bs