What AROC Provides

I checked a few of the messages about the dues increase and have not seen
this item below as a value of AROC.

The insurance policy that AROC provides coverage for club events such as
rallies, autocross time trials etc. some of which requires the purchase of
a rider.  The other thing that I believe this policy provides is general
coverage for both local and National officers for any events including
dinner meetings, tech sessions etc.  In a society where some folks like to
sue at the drop of a hat I would think twice before being the officer of
any association unless there were some form of "professional" liability
insurance.

If you look at the budget that was worked on the National Convention this
year you will see that the largest expense is the publication of the Alfa
Owner.  The only paid employee is the Executive Secretary, who is
responsible for membership rolls, sending mailing lists to the local
chapters for their newsletters, disbursing the checks to the local chapters
for the dues split and many more tasks that I can't imagine.

The comparison to other car clubs dues structure is interesting but check
out the number of cars and potential members.  To compare our dues
structure with that of Buick, VW or BMW is not a valid comparison.  There
are some costs that are not a direct function of membership and so small
clubs will cost more than large clubs on a per member basis.  The Maser
club is perhaps the best and most valid comparison.

Also as pointed out in other messages this is first increase since 1992 and
it has been club policy for many years to rise dues on an infrequent basis,
build up a surplus for the first several years, live off the surplus for
the next several years and then have another increase.  For a club of our
size (about 5,000 or so members) that's a good way to do business.

If just one tech tip from one magazine article or tech hotline advisor
helps you sole a knotty repair problem you just paid for your membership
($60 is about the going hourly rate for an auto shop).

Russ

67 Duetto
84 GTV-6