ABS problems

The ABS packed up on my '87 Verde on the way home last week.  I got a
chance to look into it this weekend.  First thing I checked was the big
fuse.  It was OK.  Still, pump would not go on.  I removed the pump and
separated the fluid end from the motor end.  Everything turned freely.  It
ran on the bench.  I put it back in the car and hooked everything up.  At
first, with the key on, the pump ran.  In fact, it would not stop.  I
suspected an air leak at the pump inlet.  That fixed, the pump would run
for a few seconds and then stop.  One stab at the brakes, and it was on
again.  It did this for 6 or 7 cycles, then didn't come on again.

Weak pump?  Failed accumulator?

Anybody out there have parts from a dismantled Verde or Platinum?  What
about the parts cross reference to Lincoln or Saab or whoever used a
similar system?  Help would be appreciated.

Mike in Houston