RE: Dues Increase

It was stated:

>As with any mostly volunteer organization, it's easy to sit back and
>criticize the few volunteers that step forward and put in significant >time
>and effort.  It's more productive, however, to provide some real >ideas on
>how things could be improved.

>bs

True, although I never said anything about the numerous volunteers, I don't
see any of the membership dues going to the volunteers. My question is what
does the $60 each go towards? If the club spent some of that $$$ on getting
Mr. DiMatteo an 800 number that would be great!! Maybe they could look into
ways of trimming expenditures instead of increasing cost. How about dropping
the Alfa Owner and putting it on-line? Members Only section? I was just
wondering why the Alfa Owners Club was the highest cost per member club that
I know of!
I have been a member, and I will be again as soon as I get to some location
that has a local club. That's what makes owning an Alfa great, the local
clubs and members. But again, at what cost?! All the local stuff, as far as
I know, is volunteers.
Yes, inflation happens. But instead of trying to slide a $15 per year
increase in dues in why didn't whoever decided to raise the price poll the
members to find out what costs could be reduced or what services go unused?
How much does it cost to have The Alfa Owner printed? How much does the web
page cost? Are their cheaper alternatives or better ways to do things?
That's what I'm asking!
Instead of justifying what the club can do for you, the club should be
looking into how to promote itself and increase membership. Being the most
expensive club to join may be great to help everyone feel more exclusive,
but losing members or not signing up new ones will make the exclusive club
obsolete............

Just my opinion.....

Mark