From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Steve Hoffins
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 2:56 PM
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: GTV6 handles - Alfa parts prices

Not that $93 is free, but, I think this is a good time
to point out how affordable most Alfa parts are in
comparison to some other Euro brands.  By comparison,
I have an e34 chassis BMW 5 series.  I recently
damaged a piece of aluminum trim that snaps in around
the rear window.  (Mind you there were more of these
cars produced in any given year than GTV6's in total).
 This trim piece ended up costing almost $500 even
from discounted mail order suppliers.  I found a used
one for $125.  I replaced the exhaust as well and
found that the Original supplier (non-oem) was $900.
After market systems were multiples of this.  On my VW
eurovan, Brake rotors are over $100 each.  One of the
things I've enjoyed about my 4 alfa's is how easy the
parts are to get (relatively speaking) and how
affordable they are.  The only better bargain can be
found in the Fiat world, but there's probably an
opposing quality argument there.  You have an old,
very rare car.  It's unusual that you can even buy a
new door handle.  For under a hundred is remarkable.

I won't even get into Ferrari or Porsche pricing.

Steve Hoffins

'89 Spider Quad
'83 GTV6 3.0 (former track car)
'91 Spider Veloce (former spider)
'91 164 L (short term engine donor for GTV6)

'83 Pinninfarina Spider (fiat)
'89 BMW 525i
'95 VW Eurovan Camper

>>It looks like a complete assembly, at least that's
my >gut feeling based on the $93.19 price!! I may just
opt >>for a set of Alfetta GT handles in chrome. They
http://auctions.yahoo.com