Re: GTV6 Conical Air Filter (K&N?)

As of a while ago, MSDS (818-453-8823) listed a cone filter for the
Milano, which I assume would also fit the GTV6.  If you want more
power, you might as well do the big airflow meter upgrade and buy a
cone filter kit for whatever BMW model you end up stealing an airflow
meter from.  However, my feeling on conical filters is that all they
accomplish is make the induction noise audible, so it sounds like you
have carbs, or a Jap economy car with a conical air filter element
and other hot mods (see
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~jee/junk/hilarious/honda.jpg or
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~jee/junk/hilarious/nissan.jpg).  I think
they just let in too much hot air from under the hood.  YMMV.