re: re: Alfetta center headlights

Joe -

Headlight portion of the switch is on the left of the steering column,
along with the turn signal switch.  The stalk on the right-hand side of
the column controls the wipers, and washer if you have one working.  All
three controls, if I remember correctly are attached as one unit, that
has to be replaced if one section goes bad.  I was told repair was nigh
on impossible.

btw -  I bought the switch at AR Ricambi.  They said it was for a GTV6,
and that is what I have repeated.  Considering that it did fit, and
worked as mentioned, tells me something (although I don't really know
what at the moment.)

I guess that later model GTV6s could have had different switch gear.  I
don't pretend to be an expert on the subject.  .  Matter of fact, I had
my mechanic R&R the unit, because as I started taking stuff apart under
the dash, etc, I felt I was in over my head. So......

Jay Negrin
So Cal
76 Alfetta GT, with parts from unknown cars.

Joe Elliot responded:
WHAT??  My GTV6 has two very separate column switches for lights and
wipers.  What kind of GTV6 did that switch come from??

At 11:46 PM -0500 1/21/02, alfa-digest wrote:
>My replacement was with a GTV6 (the good news) unit, as the Alfetta
>piece was NLA (a bit of bad news).  The switch unit controls the
>headlighs AND the windshield wipers (another bit of bad new$$).  It
>works OK, except that there is no intermittent wiper operation in the
>Alfetta, but their is a position for it on the GTV6 switch.  Also,
could
>not get the two speeds working for the windshield wipers.  No biggy, as

>I now have just one speed, slow, instead of two, slow and very
sluggish.