About Portello's book

Hi to all. Many Alfisti worldwide wrote me asking
infos about the Portello's book: I wrote about this
book in a recent digest. I didn't expect so much
mails!. So, please, let me explain better. A guy
living in Milan, not far from Portello's "ex" factory
wrote a book after he entered Portello in the year
2000. His grandfather was a Portello's employee. He
took some pics, and then decided (it isn't his own
job) to make a book in which there are these pics,
showing the dismantling - but yet complete - old Alfa
factory, including never seen prototypes and curious
pics near some vintage and older images of the south
zone. Portello's was infact, really, two zones, one,
the north, the last complete - dismantling in these
days - and the south, the production line, dismantled
many years ago.
This book is a piece of craftsmanship, and it's of
course for sale, but not in the bookstores. It's for
selling, actually, only cause the "words inside Alfa
lovers" worldwide. 1000 pieces were printed, more than
the half part is still sold. I had to speak sometimes
with Davide (better, I bought directly from him and my
copy is signed) and I tell you how to contact directly
him because I suppose you also, as me, could enjoy
this particular book. If you search for a history
book, this is not the book for you. This book was done
by an Alfista, and in this particular (all pictured)
way.

You can contact Davide in this way:

writing to him: Davide De Bertolis, Via Polidoro da
Caravaggio 25 - 20156 MILANO

phoning or sending a telefax: + 39 02 3084014 (office)
                              + 39 02 3084046
(telefax)
                              + 39 348 3531525
(cellular phone)
The book is written with notes in italian and english
language.
Just a word to say I have no money interest in selling
this book, but it's only a pleasure to Davide (he
dind't ask it to me!) and to all Alfisti worldwide.

Regards

Leonardo