Re: Milano Verde OE Wheels Questions

Hi Dave,

The Milano Verdes had THREE different OE wheels out of the box.

1.  87 - "wineglass" (like the spare you have) 15x6, made by Speedline,
also used on Milano Platinum's
2.  87 - "phonedial" 15x6, 30mm offset made by Benzoni
3.  88 or later - "phonedial" 15x6, 42mm offset made by Speedline

I've bought (and sold) Verdes with all three types of OE wheels.  If I
recall correctly, the Speedlines actually had slightly larger holes, and
had rounded edges which is a GOOD THING when you go to wash 'em.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend that you put the OE wheels back on for
two reasons:

1.  They aren't that light (17-18lbs for a 15" incher!!)
2.  Their offset makes the car look really, really dorky (wheels set too
far into the car) - in my opinion

If you want the OE look, but want light weight, you need the Ronal A-1's.
Both my brother Zamani and I use the Ronals for track use because they are
lightweight (less than 15lbs), are 15x7 (fits 225-size tires no problem!)
and have the correct offset (ET25).  On top of that, they are also the
"phonedial" style so you won't stray from the OE look.  Check out:

http://www.nizam.com/ws0500.html

to see Milanos/75's with a variety of wheels out on the track.

Over the last few years I have been running 16x7.5 five-spoke alloys and
have come to the conclusion that unless they're lightweight, the
suspension just cannot cope with them.  That particular set of wheels (see
http://www.nizam.com/75project6.html) were very pretty and are used for
street-only service on my dad's GTV6.

Since my brake upgrade, I can no longer use the 15" Ronals, so I bought a
set of SSR Integrals - which is available from Tire Rack.  They only weigh
15lbs in the 16x7 size.  They are also 5x100 which I then had to modify to
fit the 5x98mm bolt pattern for the 75/Milano.

For daily use, I have a set of lightweight 17" wheels which weigh less
than the stock 15" OE setup.  Part of the reason for these seemingly
"crazy" upgrades is I am finding tire choices to be more and more limited
in the 15" sizes.  Try to find Michelin Pilots in 15", or S-02's, or S-03'
s ... they don't exist.

Nizam
88 75 3.0V6 (17x7)
94 164 Super 3.0V6 24v  (16x6.5 OE)