Milano Verde OE Wheels Questions

Alfisti,

I own a 1987 Milano Verde, which I acquired fitted with a set of Momo 16
inch wheels.  While there is nothing wrong with the Momos (except for a
noticeable amount of extra weight), I have been intending to purchase a set
of the original equipment wheels if and when I came across them.
Unfortunately, I'm unclear on what style of wheels the car originally came
with.  Many Verde's, I'm told, came with the "phonedial" alloys, with round
or oval cutouts around the rim.  But although my car came with the Momo's,
it does have an OE spare in the trunk.

My spare does not appear to be a phonedial type.  It has (as best I can
describe from memory) a fairly plain flatish center, with small radial slots
machined or cast near the rim.  Is that what is referred to as a "wineglass"
style wheel?  Not sure.  In any case, I am interested in hearing from anyone
who can tell me definitively which wheels an '87 Verde would have worn when
built, or better still supply pictures thereof.  I have searched on the
Milano websites I am aware without finding anything.  I haven't ruled out
using the phonedial wheels in any case, since I rather like them, but I
would still like to know what is technically correct.

While I'm asking, I'd be interested in comments people may have about the
behaviour of a Milano on wider than stock wheels and tires, both on the
street and on the track.  My car currently sports 205 section rubber at the
front and 225 at the rear.  I'm curious if the extra treadwidth is worth the
weight penalty of the wheels over stock, particularly on road circuits like
Road America at Elkhart Lake.

Many thanks,

Dave J.
Island Lake, IL.
1987 Verde
1964 2600 Sprint
1982 GTV6 parts car - most parts available, including good motor and
transaxle.  Need anything?