Stuck door lock

Hi all

Can anyone offer some advice on how to fix the passenger side (LHS -
this is a RHD car) door lock on my 1971 GT Junior?  Symptoms are:

When closed the door stands slightly proud of the body of the car, like
it's only been closed half-way.  The door cannot be opened from the
outside, only from the interior door handle.  And turning the key in the
lock has no effect on anything.

I'd be grateful for any thoughts before I start tearing the door to
bits ...

Cheers

James