Re: alfa-digest V8 #391

In a message dated 01/19/2002 5:41:22 PM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 09:44:07 -0800
> From: "Stefano Iachella" <iachella@domain.elided>
> Subject: Center headlights on Alfettas
>
> Hey cats,
>
> What are the center pair of headlights on the
> Alfetta for? Fog lights? Where is the switch for
> them anyway? I've never been able to turn
> them on in the 7 years I've had my car. The
> previous owner made a custom wood console
> from the shifter up to the horizontal heater
> controls and ripped out the air conditioning.
> If it's in this area, it's probably gone. Anyone?
>
> Thanks,
> Stefano.
> Oakland, CA

       On my Alfetta, the center headlights are the high beams.  Have you
been driving all this time with no high beams?  They are switched with the
lever on the steering column.
       For what it is worth, my 75 Alfetta came new with the flashers hooked
up to the low beams.  I moved one wire in the fuse box so they flash the high
beams.  That allows flashing the lights when meeting other Alfas when the
lights are not on, which was the original intent.  It also allows flashing
when the headlights are on.  The flasher is on the same lever on the steering
column.
       I am also sick of all the postings about what computer platform people
are using.  I couldn't care less.  We just as well have a topic about which
stereo makes your car fastest or about the proper shade of yellow to paint
the shift knob.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City