Re: Alfa service record forms

If you have a computer (you could be emailing from on which personal files
aren't allowed), organize them in Quattro Pro or Xcell by mileage / date. Even a
good word processor that has a table feature that calculates such as Word
Perfect would be good enough. Create a separate page for each vehicle. I break
out $parts & $labor and make text columns for type of service e.g. 10K service,
repair, modification, add on, tires; major parts installed replaced; Service
facility; Invoice # and a comment field for whatever else (I / You think is
useful). I usually spend a half hour or so before a major scheduled service
updating all invoices since the last maj. service and looking over what might
need attention (e.g. when was the last timing belt on this car?) and my little
list of minor annoyances which haven't been worth driving 180 mi. round trip to
have checked.

Paper forms require separate data entry for calculating and the data are not
easily sortable; but others can address their advantages.

Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX
164 LS, 164 L

I also keep all gas receipts with mileages; but do not record this data. Oil is
not an issue with one car no oil used between changes for the almost 50K miles
I've owned it. My wife's 164 uses a qt. about every 1,500 miles down from 3,000
when new.