Re: Cruise, Tires, Vent window

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:27:17 Gabriel Forano wrote:

>3. I would never have one of these on my car, but I'll be leaving on this
>trip shortly after a re-spay..  A Bra...Does anyone have experience with
>them?  I understand they can rub paint off, therefore making it's purpose
>of protection moot, and that if left wet to dry can discolor paint??  If
>some uses one that doesn't do these nasty things I'd love to hear from you
>with a referral.

Gabriel,
	Please!  It's a regipetitti (sp?).  I have one from the old Bobcor Alfa days.
It's a flat unit that fits above the bumper and goes all the way up the hood.
It doesn't protect the bumper or chin spoiler like some other units I've seen.
But it does protect the bodywork above the bumper (from below the headlights
all the way up the hood.)
	Since it conforms perfectly to the body, there is no chaffing or wearing of
the paint.  I've had mine since the car was new - 13 years and 177K miles
without any problems.  The only glitch is that I have not seen an aftermarket
unit like it since Bobcor went out of business.  Does anyone know if there
might be old Bobcor stock somewhere?  If anyone is interested in reproducing
this unit, I'd be happy to temporarily donate mine as a template.
	It's made of a fuzzy fabric backed vinyl material that somehow breathes (I
thin the vinyl has micro-perforations).  I leave it on in sun or rain without
any discoloration problems.  I highly recommend this style if you can find it
(it also looks great with the red Serpent/Saracen logo on the black
background.)  I can't recommend the other style regipetittis.

Cheers,
Charlie
'89 Spider