Re: alfa-digest V8 #387 - 2L timing chain question

       James is exactly right.  When you want to liners to come out, they
won't.  If you want to not move, they will be sloppy loose.  Movement of the
liner will destroy the tiny little rubber band seal at the bottom of the
liner.
       I have a tool I bought from Alfa Ricambi, I think.  It is a disk that
fits the bottom of the liner and they sell different disks for the different
sized Alfa engines.  Into the center of this screws a mandrel (for lack of a
better term) that you beat on with a BFH (Big Freaking Hammer) to remove the
liner.  Do not force it, get a bigger hammer!
       I never would have thought I needed such a tool until I needed it.
       And this applies to all Alfas with wet cylinder liners, including the
V-6.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City