Re: 2 LITER TIMING CHAIN QUESTION

In a message dated 1/17/2002 4:16:25 PM Hawaiian Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> There do not *appear* to be any mechanical
> relationships that will be upset.  And yes, I do have some lengths of
> electrical conduit and fender washers so I can clamp the liners in place
> before I move anything.
>
> Muito obrigado,
>
> Tony
> 74 GTV

       Since the distributor only turns half engine speed, you need to check
the rotor postion before you start turning the engine or you could end up 180
out.  That, or turn the engine thru 2 complete turns every time you move it.
       If you put the engine back together with the rotor pointing at #4 and
the engine at #1 TDC she just won't run.

Skip Patnode
67 Duetto
Norfolk, Va.  USA