Q. re: Cromadora wheel restoration

Hello all,

Recently I purchased a set of 14 x 6 Daytona style Cromadoras that need to
be refinished before installing on my US spec 72 GTV.  While I realize
these wheels may not necessarily match the vintage of the car, I think Id
like to return the wheels to their correct original type finish, but have
little idea what that is.

My questions are:

1)Assuming that this type of wheel was offered as original or optional
  equipment at some time by Alfa Romeo, can anyone tell me when, and on
  which models?

2)There are a few coats of silver spray paint that must go.  For this
  job Im thinking that media blasting is preferable to chemical paint
  strippers, so can anyone who has experience with this suggest the
  appropriate media?

3)What is the correct finish treatment?  Silver paint?  Clear coat over
  bare metal?  If paint (color code?) will a simple wheel paint like
  that available from Eastwood work, or is a polyurethane paint
  necessary?

Thanks in advance

Paul Leone
72 GTV