Speed stuff on TV

FOX has a golden opportunity here to really ca$h in on other opportunities
than just helping pimp NASCAR popularity and merchandising.  They have the
potential to start a huge snowball of automotive awareness and associated
consumerism.
Take that lousy "Fast and the Furious" movie for example.  Not many C-rated
movies have ever helped generate so much aftermarket demand.  Imagine if
autocross were televised routinely.  You'd see gobs of marketing dollar$
getting funneled to these events, and dollar$ is what gets the ball rolling
for everyone else.  Economic downturn? slow car sales? Everyone wins when
more events and types of events are publicized: driving schools, safety
equipment mfrs, car makers, speed shops, and ultimately even the public.
Okay, so I'm an optimist, but even Subaru adds a membership to the SCCA when
you buy a new WRX, and I think that's just grand.
They call it motorSPORT, but it's clearly beyond the scope of ESPNx.
Athletics is great stuff, but it doesn't sell cars (well, sometimes it
does), and most of the country needs cars.
As for ALFAs, where do you think would be a good place to start gauging the
market and then advertising for their re-entry? Why, that would be Speed
Channel, wouldn't it?
I'd be juicing my jeans if I were the Fox exec handling the po$$ibilities...