Engine removal

I'm contemplating taking on the job of removing the engine of my '88 Milano
3.0.  I need to do a bottom end rebuild and I'm thinking of cutting costs by
doing the engine removal mysalf.  The actual rebuilding I would farm out.
Question is are they any got ya's in this process?  The manual seems to make
it pretty straightforward.  Anything I should be wary of?
The only thing I can't figure out that is the manual has you bolting on some
kind of handle at the rear of the engine to assist in angling the engine when
you remove it.  Where does one get such a gizmo?  Is it necessary?  Anything
else to look out for?  I will replace engine mounts while I'm at it.  Are
there any other things I should be doing while I'm at it?

Any and all suggestions welcomed!

Tony Brucia
Long Island, NY