Re: Milano Verde

I recently bought a Verde with about the same knowledge on the model, i. e.,
not much. I love the car, especially the handling, which is far superior to
the Spider.  My car had 92K on the clock and the following problems ensued:
I replaced the brakes; rotors and pads. The previous owner had replaced one
of the rear calipers but the e-brakes still refused to release. I had to
rebuild a used caliper and replace that caliper. In my car, there was some
rust thru in the rear fender arch, minor and easily repairable but have not
done that yet. A little rust on the trunk lid also easily repairable. The
trunk release cable broke, but there is access thru a small hole behind the
license plate bracket to release the latch and a new cable was installed.
Recently a more serious problem happened. I suddenly experienced clutch
disengagement requiring very heavy pressure and sudden engagement. Something
in the actuation, but haven't identified the problem yet.
Other problems with the Milano include the ABS system which is unique to
this model, and expensive to fix. Also make sure that the steering rack has
no leaks as that also is very expensive to correct. The clutch is not known
to be failure prone, but if it slips or needs attention, it must be replaced
as a unit because of balance. It too, is pricey - about $500 in parts.
I really think that it is a terrific car when sorted out. Again, it simply
outhandles the live axle models and with the 3litre engine, out powers the
GTV6.
Regards,
--John Cecil
<jcecil@domain.elided>