SAABs, door latches

At 11:30 AM -0500 1/8/2, alfa-digest wrote:
>There were three notable 3 cylinder 2 stroke cars I know of: Saab 92/94, Auto
>Union 1000 (very much the forerunner of todays Audi) and the East German
>Wartburg from Eisenach. I don't know if they all used the same engine, but
>they were all late fifties early sixties contemporaries so there may be a
>connection. All were FWD and had free wheel devices to offset the roughness of
>a 2 stroke on the overrun. The engines sounded great, but were not that
>powerful given their small size.

What about DKW?  I thought I read somewhere that those SAAB engines
were sourced from DKW.

At 11:30 AM -0500 1/8/2, alfa-digest wrote:
>Any consesnus on a) did I break anything, and b) how do I keep the
>doors from freezing up like this? WD-40? I presume I need to lube
>the mechanisms somehow.

On the GTV6, I used to apply a propane torch to the latch (yes, I
carried a torch around in the trunk so I could close the doors when I
got to school every morning), but last week I discovered that PB
Blaster magically makes the latches work again when they're
frozen--no heat needed.