Re: frozen doors

Glen and Damon speak of frozen doors:

I remember living in cold Michigan. My old Nissan Sentra's door locks &
mechanisms would freeze & I wouldn't be able to get in. Here's what
I did:  Poured a bucket of hot water over the door. Usually would allow
the door to open. 2nd bucket would get it for sure. Problem: the water
would usually re-freeze, and the door latch wouldn't latch - couldn't
close the door! I'd drive down the road, holding the door shut, until
the heater warmed the door enough to allow it to close (about 15 min).

Moral of the story: perhaps you need a remote control engine starting
mechanism. Set the heater on full hot at night & then about 1/2 hour
before leaving the house in the morning, start the motor. Your doors
should thaw ok.

If that dosen't work, try my method: hot water on the door & install a little
chain to hold the door shut for that first 15 minutes ;)

dave in houston!